All About Orange Essential Oil: Uses And Benefits
The material in this post is for informational/educational purposes only and does not constitute medical advice. Essential oils are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any diseases.
Have you ever smelled sunshine in a bottle? I’m asking because that’s how I feel about the oil of this week. Out of all its uses and benefits (and there are many), I most love Orange essential oil as a natural mood-lifter.
If you are looking for a ‘happy’ oil, that’s great for your mood and for your skin, Orange might be the one for you.
So here’s more about Orange essential oil and its uses and benefits!
Orange Essential Oil Benefits
Orange essential oil is not distilled like many other oils are. It’s actually cold-pressed from the rind of the fruit.
This method keeps all the active compounds intact, and you can get the equivalent of many oranges packed into a few drops. Here are some key benefits:
- Orange has a sweet, bright, and refreshing fragrance that is naturally mood-lifting.
- The uplifting fragrance of Orange promotes feelings of peace, harmony, and creativity.
- Orange essential oil also helps to relieve feelings of stress, calms and relaxes the mind, helps to improve mood, and can give you a natural energy boost.
- Orange, like other citrus oils, can naturally freshen the air and brighten a stuffy room.
I can tell you first hand that Orange is one of the best oils for your emotions. I will often open my bottle of Orange just to breathe in its scent when I’m having a bad day.
But it’s also great for your skin! Here are some more benefits:
- Orange has natural cleansing properties, which makes it great for cleansing skin without drying it out.
- Orange (and other citrus oils) can help to brighten skin tone and reduce signs of aging.
- It can help to reduce the appearance of blemishes when applied to the skin.
- AND Orange also helps to balance out oily skin (although it’s good for all skin types).
- The natural cleansing properties of Orange make it a good addition to a natural household cleaner or an ingredient in a homemade cleaning solution.
- **Citrus oils can make your skin more sensitive to the sun. It’s best to apply topically at night.
Pin For Later!
The cleansing properties of Orange essential oil go further than just the skin and household cleaning. You can use Orange oil that’s approved for internal use to naturally cleanse your body of toxins.
- Orange Vitality will help to cleanse your digestive system (and whole body) of toxins- naturally.
- Orange Vitality contains antioxidant properties, which are essential to overall health and wellness.
- It will also support your immune system and your digestive system when taken internally.
- AND Orange Vitality can be used to naturally flavor food and drink. You can get a refreshing Orange flavor without any artificial ingredients.
Orange Essential Oil Uses
So now that you’ve heard about some of the amazing benefits of Orange essential oil, let’s go through some simple uses for this oil.
Using Orange aromatically:
- Diffuse Orange in the morning so that its bright fragrance will awaken and energize you.
- Or diffuse at night to relax and de-stress. (Yes, it works both ways! Essential oils are amazing.) One of my favorite relaxing blends is equal parts of Lavender, Cedarwood, and Orange. Use this in a diffuser or bath or apply to your skin.
- I love diffusing Orange in the fall with Cinnamon and Clove or in the spring and summer with Lavender and Lemon. Replace chemical-filled candles and air fresheners with these blends!
- Inhale Orange from the bottle whenever you feel stressed or overwhelmed.
Using Orange topically (remember to apply at night):
- Orange essential oil can be diluted at a 1:1 ratio (or more if you have sensitive skin).
- Add a drop of Orange into your nightly skincare routine (face wash, moisturizer, etc.) for healthy and radiant-looking skin.
- Use Orange in a honey face mask to brighten skin tone: Mix 1-2 drops of Orange essential oil with 1-2 tsp. of raw honey. Apply to face and let sit for 5-10 minutes before rinsing off.
- Add a drop or two to shampoo or conditioner for healthy-looking (and good smelling) hair.
Using Orange internally:
- Use only Orange essential oil approved for dietary use!
- Add 1-2 drops to water, tea, smoothies, etc. for natural cleansing and antioxidant properties.
- Put 1-2 drops of Orange in a capsule (add olive oil if desired) and take to support your immune and digestive systems.
- Use Orange Vitality to naturally flavor sweet and savory recipes (cupcakes, lemonade, salad dressing, marinades, stir fry, etc.),
- You can also mix 8-10 drops of Orange essential oil with water or witch hazel in a small spray bottle and use it to freshen sheets, towels, and clothes.
- Add a few drops of Orange into a natural household cleaner for a natural cleansing boost. Or try using undiluted Orange to get rid of greasy and sticky residues. (Always do a spot test first to make sure the oil will not harm the surface you are cleaning!)
Are You Using The Sunshine Oil?
I hope you are starting to get an idea of how much Orange essential oil can do for you! This is on my list of oils I wouldn’t want to be without.